Are you seeking some last-minute inspiration of things to do in Dubai with the upcoming long weekend for Eid? Or perhaps you’re seeking a last-minute getaway and looking for places to go on Eid. We’ve got you covered!
The joyous occasion of Eid-al-Fitr is just around the corner, and many Middle East countries will be marking the occasion with a whole week of holidays.
The UAE will mark the occasion in 2023 with at least a 4-day weekend, from Thursday 20 April to Sunday 23 April, and possibly 25 April 2023, subject to moon sighting.
Question is, should you stay or should you go? This post is specifically for our readers in Dubai and the UAE but is packed full of inspirational reads and information that all holidaymakers in the region can use (some links will open on our partner blogging sites Our Globetrotters and Dubai Travel Planner).
Staying in the UAE for Eid
The weather in April is starting to heat up, though water-based outdoor activities are still not out of the question in April.
Let’s first up, though, look at some ideas in Dubai and Abu Dhabi where you can keep the whole family entertained:
- Ultimate Guide to Dubai’s coolest indoor activities with kids
- How to tackle Dubai Parks & Resorts in the heat
- A Guide to Abu Dhabi’s best indoor activities with kids
- A Guide to the UAE’s best waterparks and splash parks
- How to road trip from Dubai the Yas Island theme parks
- 40+ Free and really cheap things you can do in Abu Dhabi
- Take a Day Trip to the Grand Mosque
- Check out the new Presidential Palace Qasr Al Watan
- The UAE’s best eco-tourism experiences
- Spend Some Time With Nature in Hatta
- How to get the best discounts on Dubai’s popular attraction tickets
Time To Plan A Local Getaway! Where to Go in Eid Holidays Within the UAE
Staycations! Where can you head to by road for a relaxing retreat? Here’s a selection of our favourite staycation guides and easy road trips from Dubai that can make great Eid holidays in the UAE.
- 5 Stunning Saadiyat Island Resorts (Abu Dhabi)
- 50+ Fantastic Family Things to do in Abu Dhabi
- The UAE’s Best Beach Resort Destinations
- The UAE’s Best Luxury Desert Resorts
- Best Glamping Spots for Families Across the UAE
- Fujairah’s Most Family-Friendly Resorts
- Best Resorts in Ras Al Khaimah
- How to Road Trip from Dubai to Muscat (passport required)
- Discover the Beautiful Musandam Peninsula, Oman (passport required)
- 5 Stunningly Scenic UAE Road Trips to Try
Where to go on Eid Holidays – Beyond the UAE
Looking slightly further away, here are some of our best short break destinations where flights are around 4 to 5 hours max from Dubai.
- The Best Indian Ocean Islands that are only a short hop away
- Best Short Breaks From the UAE as recommended by travel experts, covering destinations including Georgia, Baku, and Oman
- Fabulous Fun Istanbul Itinerary For Families – explore the Turkish megacity in the pleasant Spring weather
- Seek Out These Cooling Wadi’s In Oman
- Best Things to Do in Beirut with Kids – dig beneath the surface of the Lebanese capital
- Cruise the Nile on this incredible family break in Egypt
- Relax by the beach at these Red Sea Resort towns
- Plan the perfect 5-day Jordan highlights tour – an ideal itinerary to fit the Eid break
- A Family Highlights Tour of Sri Lanka – discover what all the rage is!
- 9 Great Girlfriend Getaways from the UAE (Ok, you can take the kids too!)
Search Tools We Use And Recommend
So how do you go about seeking the best last-minute travel deals in these situations?
Great Flight Finder Tool
The best place to start your search for possibilities is by using Skyscanner to search for flights. You can enter your start airport, then try searching “Everywhere” to see what is available:
Don’t forget you can search from more than just DXB! Why not also try starting with:
- AUH for Abu Dhabi
- DWC for Al Maktoum Airport
- SHJ for Sharjah
- AE for all UAE airports
Finding last-minute hotel deals
We are big fans of using Booking.com for all our hotel booking needs, you can see if they have any last-minute Eid deals in the UAE here:
Don’t forget to jump over to our Family Travel Middle East chat group to discuss ideas with fellow parents. We will update the group and our Facebook Page as we become aware of any great last-minute deals.