Please note that we have no articles specifically about taking children to Yemen. It is one of a few countries in the region that is declared unsafe for travel and unless visiting for work reasons with private security you should not presently be entering, especially with children.
Please see government advisories from
Should this situation change we will duly update the details on this page.
Feature image: Wadi Dhahr Rock Palace – 15kms from the capital Sana’a
Further Yemen resources
If you would still like to learn more about Yemen, we have found these interesting resources – though do note the dates of publication on some.
- [READ] Yemen – Wikipedia
- [READ] Yemen; Why is there a war? (2018) – up to date BBC coverage of the current war and humanitarian crisis occurring in Yemen
- [LISTEN] Amateur Traveler – Travel to Yemen (2008) – great podcast episode with guest Chris Rosenkrans describing the beautiful city of Sana’a and not-to-miss Shibham
- [READ] Adventures of Lil Nicki – That one time I decided I would travel to Yemen (2014) – Solo Female travel to Yemen with a beautiful picture diary
- [READ] Unchartered Backpacker – Yemen’s War & Travel (2018) A more recent view on visiting Yemen and the impact of war
- [READ] Socotra Archipelago – Wikipedia reference to this UNESCO world natural heritage site of the southern coast of Yemen
- [TRAVEL] Inertia Network run a week-long journey to Socotra Island via Cairo for the intrepid traveller